Saturday, September 02, 2006

My list

I found this list on my old livejournal site. It made me smile for the person I was, and the times that made me that way. This list is about 20 months old, but I can still feel the smile on my face as when I was writing it. Every point has a story attached, and as you know, I am all about the stories. I like finding stuff like this, because it gives me a chance to think back to all those moments and to roll the details around in my head, and savour the experiences again.

1. My workplace did not fall apart when I left, the funny thing is, when I came back, I couldn't have cared if I found out it did (who knew?).

2. Australian boys are VERY, VERY selfish. I tossed around the idea of actually writing an eitiquette book for them, I still may, you never know.

3. I CAN dance. I have wasted a lot of time watching the coats and purses on the sidelines.

4. I found out I can drink 20 ounces of alcohol in about four hours and not only will I not go blind, but if I get to have a little nap in a Greek parking lot, I can actually take care of other drunk people.

5. I intimidate other females. I don't understand it, I thought I was only scared of them.

6. I don't require sleep, or at least my body doesn't think I do. Which is fine, because sometimes it's funner to go when you're sick and deal with feeling crappy sometime later in the next day.

7. A true friend will pack your bags for you while you are out having fun with the Aussies. (God, I love Brandy!).

8. There comes a time when a person will pay any amount of money to wear clean clothes.

9. I am completely oblivious when it comes to my own life. I actually require people I know and sometimes even random strangers to let me in on things that are going on around me.

10. A wee walk in Scotland actually entails climbing up a damn mountain.

11. Tiffany's really does make a girl smile.

12. Having fancy high tea at the Ritz can include being bad and randomly stalking weird old ladies, that later turn out to be famous.

13. If you look at the Mcbackpackers website, you will see the corner that changed everything.

14. Canadian girls really do have a thing for kilts and accents.

15. If you don't take care of yourself on vacation, you tend not to remember the flight home.

16. You can try to kill the germs with beer, but I don't think it really works.

17. I know what's under a Scot's kilt.

18. Birthdays are better spent overseas (especially if you have a piper playing you happy birthday and a tour guide that makes the day truly worthwhile).

19. I am an attention whore. Seriously!

20. I have A.D.D. much too often when I am too happy or too sad.

21. A guy who assumes too much, not only sleeps alone, but will do so as his tour mates mock him outside his window.

22. Cleavage is not only a way to get attention, it can provide an impromptu drink holder (I never said it was pretty!).

23. Even the best whiskey in the world (Oban) is still whiskey and therefore tastes like crap, regardless of whether it's mixed with a litre of pop or not.

24. Guys can be horrible to each other when there is a girl involved.

25. When spying on friends, it is always best to not only stifle the giggles, but to remain hidden after until both parties retire to the bedroom.

26. Sometimes a profound moment in your life can be caught on film.

27. Sometimes there are more documented moments than you ever thought possible.

28. Plans will always work out for the best, so try to handle each situation with poise.

29. It's easier to project irrational feelings on to inanimate objects than it is to deal with them (I don't pretend to think it's healthy).

30. Boys are dumb, girls are confusing (what about becoming a nun?).

31. Boys will do random things if you tell them to, especially if they are drunk and you can convince them it's what a real life pirate would do.

32. There are moments in your life that seem mundane... but someone will see beyond that and get a glimpse of just how special you are.

33. The wine of Naxos does less for a broken heart than I was lead to believe.

34. My navel is also the vortex of confusion. It is the source of many confused feelings and uncomfortable situations. When you cover it, the world is more in control.

35. Keeping a sleeping friend's head propped up on your shoulder, while flying budget, is a difficult experience, but it does both hearts good.

36. The tower of London tastes worse than you could ever imagine and the aftertaste lasts for days and days and days.

37. It is easier to tell your bunkmate that she has mosquito bites than to deal with the aftermath of letting her know they were bedbug bites.

38. Getting to speak to your tour guide's mom on the phone is an awkward, but enlightening experience...Having him grab the phone while you are chatting to your best friend back home only leads to more questions.

39. A good friend will anticipate the problem you may have sharing sun status with a new girl... and while he doesn't let you hog his affections, he lets you and everyone else know just how bright your light shines.

40. Curling up with a friend is a favoured way to spend an evening.

41. Anger and hurt can resurface and complicate your life and heart, especially when you think you should be better than this.

42. A good friend can do much for restoring joy to your world when number 41 comes around.

No comments: