Saturday, September 02, 2006

"I don't know what it is, but it seems to be migrating towards my butt!"

I suppose one could say it's been a stressful couple of weeks, wait, make that months. But it's ok, I'm no worse for it. Wait, wait, if that's true, then why do I have the start of what feels like an extra head coming out of my neck muscles? It's true. Not just a knot of tension, a full scale, perfectly round bump where only flat relaxed muscle should be.

I made my friend Julie feel it at work today. She was highly grossed out and was taken by a fit of awkward laughing. What could it be, we both asked. Obviously, the start to an extra head, we decided. For what girl doesn't require a second noggin? Brains before beauty and all that jazz. Assuming, that is, that my little appendage will have an I.Q. that will put Einstein to shame. What else could we do but name the little darling, in honour of a mutual friend's father (Happy Birthday, Bruce!). That is when we discovered that it wasn't where I had left it... apparently it is migrating south, towards my butt. It has a way to go, but really, why rush a good thing?

No comments: