Thursday, October 12, 2006

Just to catch you up

There is much I could write about, giving all the details, but it's late and many of the details will interest only myself. Instead, here's list (I love lists! They really are the funnest things to write.).

1. Heather is now a cyborg. I tried to tell her that her two little tubes made her bionic. I was corrected.

2. We've discussed it and I am trying to convince the aforementioned Heather to write a diet book. As she said, "Millions of women are looking for the cure, and I found a cure for fatness."

3. I finally met Shevaun, offspring of the ever gallant Shane. She's beautiful and I plan to make a pest of myself so that I can not only have more Shane/Lana time (whom I really do enjoy), but so that I may also get some cuddle time in with the wee bairn.

4. My cat is gross. Not only does it smell like pure evil (Satan, if you will) lives in her butt, but she decided to take it up a notch and do something unspeakable to the carpet. I still love her, but Ick! Enough said.

5. I was thrown a surprise birthday party last week. It was truly amazing! I didn't expect it (I realize that is the point of the "surprise" part of the party) and it made me feel, well, loved.

6. I found out I was no longer going to Vancouver. All I have to say to that is, woohoo!

7. I wrote a great little Millie tidbit to entertain my own Gladys. It makes me happy to read it. I am thinking of starting a blog for Millie.

8. I found out at the surprise party that two of my friends have known each other for 15 years! I also just found out tonight, that one of those same friends is the brother of a friend from highschool! Now that I think of it, I may remember mocking that kid brother's name. My world, it seems, is shrinking. Pretty cool.

9. It was my cousin's birthday today. I really do have to get better at remembering these things so that I won't get the call, "It's my birthday, want to hang out?" call. I should be calling him, not the other way around.

10. Shannon, in Japan, is doing well. Which warms my heart. Even though we haven't seen each other in nearly a year, I am happy to tell you that receiving an "epiphany" email still holds the same thrill it did when we started nearly three years ago. By the way, Bun-San, yeah, the person having the epiphany is usually the last to know it.

11. Today was coloured with friendship (both old and new) and drop-ins and small memories that still mean so much. There were hugs and laughter and plans for Karaoke.

I am sure there is more, but for now, I must bid you goodnight. I will leave you with this: I am grateful to all those I call friend. I know I am a person who is constantly searching for balance in her life and because of that, I tend to overcorrect and wind up throwing myself off kilter once more. And it is through all of you (blood related and otherwise) that I once again find my footing. I love you guys.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Yay for the magical Paul Frank shirt! If it's ever made again, you need to order me like 15. I'm dreading the day (in the very far future, of course) that the shirt just falls apart on me! It's my secret weapon and you know if I could wear it to school, I would totally use it on the stupid teacher! :oP