Monday, August 21, 2006

My Three Words

A few weeks ago, I was over at a friend's house for dinner. After the food had been consumed and conversation settled back into its usual rhythmic pace, we were all given the task to come up with three words that described ourselves. Out of the four of us, I seemed to be the only person that was finding it rather difficult to settle on anything more than "indecisive". I was told that my inability to think of three mesely words did not warrant me having to define myself by it. Taking pity on me, I had been given one word by my host. I was grateful for both the start and the compliment. But when I left there, later that evening, the question of how to describe myself was still swirling around in my head.

For days I tried to come up with two other words that I felt I could wear comfortably; ones that I felt fit me like a second skin. I tried them on, one after the other, and finally, after much reflection was pleased with my hard work.

1. Compassionate

2. Fanciful

3. Irrepressable

You know, I've spent nearly an hour writing explainations to why I chose the words I did, but it seemed wrong. It's enough, I suppose, that I know why I chose them.

No comments: