Monday, August 07, 2006

A little slice of cheese

I received an email today, from my Mom. She had just returned home from work and decided to read my blogs. This surprised me as I didn't realize she knew I even had a blog. Much to my delight, she enjoyed reading my sparse entries (I've not felt like writing lately, but am sure I have gotten over that, now). In fact, she mentioned how she liked the underwear up the pant leg story, but was disappointed by the lack of a personal favorite of hers. So, Mom, here it is, just for you...

When I was about twenty years old I went to the doctor for my physical. This involved me taking off my clothes and wearing one of those little hospital gowns. I was seated on the table and we discussed this health issue and that. About half way through the exam she opened the gown to check out a minor skin problem I had on my back. She was in the middle of a sentence and stopped dead. She touched my posterior and muttered a few more half sentences which sounded something like, "...that doesn't look... too... hmmm. Yes... that's... well... alright," and continued on with the rest of the exam.

A few hours later I was at home and in the bathroom, running a hot shower. I was standing in front of the mirror, undressing. I turned to walk into the tub when I caught a glimpse of my reflection from the back. Oh my God... there it was.

I had forgotten that the day before I was at my boyfriends house and he had wanted to draw some small thing with the black marker he had found earlier. I had let him do it and forgotten about it. This is what had caused my doctor, a woman experienced in all sorts of human diseases and conditions to become inarticulate during a medical examiantion. Drawn on my back, taking up most of the room between shoulders and tailbone was a very large piece of cheese. But it was not just any cheese, no, no. It was smelly cheese, complete with wafting stink lines above and a decorative plate below.

So there you have it. Just one tale from a rather large repitoire of similar experiences that I am sure make my mother shake her head and ask just whose daughter I could possibly be. Love you Mom!

1 comment:

gabbi said...

love it!